Directions to the June 22, 2003 crash site on Hwy 100 are provided here because many people have requested them. Please use caution if you visit the site. We don't want anyone else to be injured. The sides of the road are narrow, and traffic comes over the hill quickly. There is space to park completely off the road at Hwy 100 and Pinewood Road. Also, beware of snakes and ticks.
Click here to see crash site photos.
Sherri was struck while traveling west on Highway 100 in Williamson County.
- Take West End Avenue and Harding Pike west to Belle Meade
- At the of Hwy 100/Hwy 70 intersection, take Hwy 100 west through Fairview
- As you pass under the new I-840 exchange, will see the Pinewood Road / Spencer Mill Road intersection and the top of the next hill (approximately 0.5 miles)
- Park completely off the road at the Pinewood Road / Hwy 100 intersection and walk up the hill
- The point of impact (in the center of Sherri's Westbound lane) is within yards of two signs near the top of the hill. One is a "Welcome to Hickman County," and the other is a round red Tennessee state logo sign with three white stars.
- From the point of impact, both vehicles traveled Eastbound back down the hill an estimated 75 yards. From the truck driver's (east bound) point of view, the vehicles crossed back over the double yellow lines and right lane until the front of the truck tipped over the raised road embankment.